Friday, June 24, 2016

Deadline for Scholarship Essay Contest Is 1 Week Away!

When I was in school, I was a procrastinator. No matter what the assignment was, I managed to put it off until the last possible minute. Example: For a film class in college, we had to choose a current movie and watch it three times, each time observing and taking notes on a different aspect of filmmaking. Then we had to write about our findings in an essay.

Of course, the scope of that project didn't faze me. I went to the movie theatre the day before the assignment was due, sat through three consecutive showings of On Golden Pond, then came home and wrote my paper. I got an A+.

I've since learned that just because you can doesn't mean you should. In other words, you can put things off until you can't put them off any longer and still get them done. But why put that kind of pressure on yourself? Why not take Nike's advice and just do it?

So here's another friendly reminder that the deadline for entering the 2nd annual My Life as 3D Scholarship Essay Contest for college students who have been impacted by a sibling's addiction is now just ONE WEEK AWAY. All entries are due no later than 8:00pm EDT on Friday, July 1st.

If you're planning on submitting an entry and haven't started writing yet, you might want to think about doing so. Or, if you're a procrastinator like I was, maybe you don't need to think about it until next Thursday. Whatever works for you. Just know that the clock is ticking. The essays that have been submitted so far are great and I look forward to reading many more.

All the information needed to enter the contest--requirements, rules, key dates, etc.--should be contained in the documents below. (For more background on the contest and to find out who the judges are, read this blog post.) This year we will be awarding a $1,500.00 scholarship to the contest winner and a $550.00 scholarship to the runner-up.

NOTE: These links are to Google Docs.

2016 My Life as 3D Scholarship Essay Contest: Rules

2016 My Life as 3D Scholarship Essay Contest: Application/Entry Form

If you have any questions about the scholarship, or if you have any problems with the documents, please contact me at:

siblingscholarship@gmail.com

Good luck! And remember: #SiblingsMatter

P.S. I love SpongeBob SquarePants. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment