Wednesday, July 8, 2015

I Can Cook, Too!

You know, it's kind of funny. I've been writing this blog for almost seven years, and I don't know if I've written a single post about my passion for cooking.

Along with listening to music and writing, cooking is right up there among my favorite things to do. It's a hobby that started out of necessity, but it's turned out to be such a big part of my life...and my recovery.

So I wrote a new blog for Heroes in Recovery. And wouldn't you know it? It's about cooking!

If you know me personally, or if you're friends with me on Facebook or follow me on Twitter, you likely already know that I love to cook. If you only know me through this blog, though, I invite you to go read my Heroes blog post, which talks about how cooking was--and continues to be--therapeutic for me. (Hey, even if you do know me, please go read the post anyway!)

Here's the link:

Cooking: A Key Ingredient in My Recipe for Recovery

Oh, I should mention that I included one of my original recipes in the blog. It's for Grilled Sweet Potato & Black Bean Enchiladas, and let me tell you: they're AMAZING. (See the photo below.)

Also, while you're at the Heroes in Recovery site, click around and read some of the wonderful blogs and stories of recovery that reside there. So many people have written so many informational and inspirational pieces in an effort to help break the stigma that still surrounds addiction. It's well worth taking some time to peruse some of them.

That's all for now. Gotta get back to reading and judging some fabulous essays from some incredible siblings who have been affected by addiction.

Peace.

Grilled Sweet Potato & Black Bean Enchiladas

No comments:

Post a Comment