Friday, July 31, 2015

Great News Re: My Life as 3D Scholarship Essay Contest! (7/31/15)

Judgment day is upon us! By tonight, the judges in the My Life as 3D Scholarship Essay Contest will have made their final selections, the points will be tallied, and I'll know who the winner of the $1,200.00 college scholarship will be. How exciting! My lovely wife and I will contact the winner over the weekend, and the official announcement will come on Monday via a post at this blog.

Now for some really fabulous news. Drumroll please...

Thanks to a generous last-minute donor--Emmy Award-winning actress Kristen Johnston's SLAM (Sobriety Learning and Motivation) charity--I'm thrilled to report that we will also be awarding a runner-up prize of $500.00! How cool is that?!?!? I have to say, I continue to be blown away by people's generosity. This is just another example.

So sit tight for a couple of days, and be watching for my blog post on Monday. Not one, but TWO talented college students will be getting a little extra help with their tuition come this fall.

And that is totally badass.

"For it is in giving that we receive." --Francis of Assisi

Kristen Johnston

No comments:

Post a Comment