Sunday, June 15, 2014

The Bergamot: Help This Great Group Make Their Next Record

I rarely use this blog to talk about things that aren't somehow related to addiction. I can probably count the number of times I've done so on one hand. The last time (I think) was my post about how awesome my younger son's high school is. I believe in the Leelanau School so much that I had to share it with everyone.

Well, today I'm sharing something else I believe in with you: A musical group called The Bergamot.

The Bergamot is made up of two wonderful young people named Jillian Speece and Nathaniel Paul Hoff. They've been writing songs together for ten years--since high school--and touring together for four years. This husband and wife duo has an American indie, folk rock-inspired sound, featuring unbreakable harmonies. Their songs are written from the heart and tell stories--both happy and sad--about life.

When my wife and I first heard The Bergamot, we fell in love with their music. Not only that, we fell in love with Jillian and Nathaniel as people. They are two of the nicest, most down-to-earth, joyful people we have ever met. They exude positivity and are incredibly passionate about their music. Their music is their life. So much so that they recently relocated from South Bend, Indiana, to Brooklyn, New York, so they could continue to pursue their dreams.

As they finish up writing songs for their new album called Tones, The Bergamot needs financial help. They started a Kickstarter campaign called "30K in 40 Days" to try and raise money they desperately need to make the new record happen. So far, as I write this post, people have pledged $23,390.00 to the campaign. So Jillian and Nathaniel still need $6,610.00 to be pledged; and they only have nine days left.

Bottom line: Check out The Bergamot's Kickstarter campaign page. Check out their website. Check out their Facebook page. Follow them on Twitter. But most importantly, check out their music. If you like what you hear, please consider making a pledge on Kickstarter so they can get their new record completed and released.

I believe in these "kids" so much. They have hearts of gold and even came to our house this past Thursday night and played a house show to help celebrate my younger son's high school graduation. They are first-class musicians and first-class human beings.

Below is a video of The Bergamot playing their song "Linen" at my house the other night. And a few photos from the event. Watch and listen to the video. I hope you like their music as much as my family does. If you do, maybe throw a few dollars Jillian and Nathaniel's way.

Thank you for letting me digress. And to borrow The Bergamot's catchphrase...Shine on!



To quote my wife, "Jillian sings with her whole body."

After the house show.

After-house-show selfie. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment