Wednesday, May 7, 2014

My Latest Heroes Blog Post: "Don't Be Afraid of Relapse"

My latest blog post for Heroes in Recovery went live this morning. It's called "Don't Be Afraid of Relapse," and a few years ago I would've found it inconceivable to write such a thing.

Relapse is always a possibility for someone in recovery. It used to terrify me. Now? Not so much. Years of experience and education have changed my views considerably.

If you get a chance, read my new blog at the Heroes site--this is the direct link--and let me know your thoughts by leaving a comment over there. You can also give the post a rating by clicking on the little stars at the bottom of the blog. (The star you click on is the rating you give it. FYI, I really like that fifth star.)

Finally, if you'd like to share your story of recovery--or the recovery of a loved one--on the Heroes in Recovery website, please get in touch with me and I will help you through the process. Or you can share your story directly through the site. If you go that route, please mention at the start of your story that Dean referred you.

Peace.

"Lapses and relapses--commonly seen as crises--are a natural part of getting better for most people. They are not failures to change but opportunities to learn." --From Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change

No comments:

Post a Comment