Wednesday, February 5, 2014

One Day 'til Nashville

In about 24 hours I'll be heading to the airport to get on a plane to Nashville. This weekend is Training Summit Weekend for me and the other four lead advocates for the Heroes in Recovery movement.

I am super excited to finally meet the people from Heroes in Recovery and my fellow lead advocates tomorrow afternoon. And to participate in all day training sessions on Friday and Saturday. Not only does the agenda look very interesting, but we'll be having some lunches and dinners at what look to be some neat restaurants. (I love food, so that's a bonus.) Heck, I'll even be trying yoga for the first time in my life on Saturday afternoon!

Working to break the stigmas associated with addiction and mental illness is a passion of mine. I consider myself incredibly lucky to be able to do it with a group of people who are just as passionate about it as I am.

I can't wait 'til tomorrow!

"If you're not making someone else's life better, then you're wasting your time. Your life will become better by making other lives better." --Will Smith

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on your mission to help break the stigma. We need all the passionate souls we can get spreading the truth about addiction.

    ReplyDelete