Monday, April 22, 2013

These words spoke to me

If you follow me on Facebook or Twitter, you know that I very frequently post quotes that resonate with me.

I don't often post those quotes here, but I read something this morning that really made me think. I'm not sure why, but these words truly spoke to me. So I decided to share them: 

"How strange that the nature of life is change, yet the nature of human beings is to resist change. And how ironic that the difficult times we fear might ruin us are the very ones that can break us open and help us blossom into who we were meant to be." --Elizabeth Lesser (from her book Broken Open: How Difficult Times Can Help Us Grow)

1 comment:

  1. That really does sum it all up.
    I'm not thankful that my son is an addict and that all of us have had to go through the experiences of the past 5 or so years.
    BUT I am humble and grateful for the person I have become because of it.
    I've tried to explain that to those early in the journey or those not on the journey. They don't "get" it.

    ReplyDelete