Thursday, February 16, 2012

Hospitalized

Just a quick update:

My son, who had been living in a sober living house in Ypsilanti, Michigan, is now hospitalized at the University of Michigan Hospital in Ann Arbor. It is depression-related, not drug-related. Even so, when it happened yesterday it was like a kick in the gut. I got a phone call from a Washtenaw County sheriff's deputy who identified himself and asked if either I or my wife was home. My first thought was that my son was dead. It was horrifying.

Instead, the deputy informed me that my son had been taken to the ER at U of M Hospital. My wife and I went out there last night and met with doctors and a social worker. It was decided by them that our son needed to be hospitalized. On a positive note, he is in a world-class hospital, which is connected to a world-class depression treatment center. Hopefully this will be a blessing.

So that's where things stand. Depression and addiction both suck so bad. I'm sure many people who read this blog know that already; I just thought I'd reiterate it once again.

Peace.

5 comments:

  1. You are all in my prayers..This could be were his real healing starts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you all...Please let this be the answer to your prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dean and Kathy and Josh, may you all heal together with Sam, may you all find more JOY in future, may you all find some peace and love and balance along this krazy rollercoaster ride, XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending strength to you all. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi my heart goes out to you and your son. I hope he finds healing. Sending peace & love your way. Please also take care of yourself.
    Xx
    Jen

    ReplyDelete