Tuesday, October 13, 2009

One of those days

Today is one of those days. Ever since I woke up this morning, my head has been filled with negativity. I keep asking myself stuff like, “Where did I screw up? Or, “Am I just a terrible parent?” Or, “Is it all my fault?” All the stuff I’m not supposed to feel is stuff I’m feeling today. And I hate it.

I’ve been trying really hard to be more positive lately. But I’m human. The negative thoughts do enter my mind. And when they do, they tend to put me in a pretty nasty headlock.

A friend of mine posted a quote on his Facebook page yesterday:

“Positivity is complex and draining yet fruitful. Negativity is simple and lazy yet worthless.”

I need to get out of this funk today and try and remember that quote more often. Maybe I should have it tattooed on my forehead or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment