Monday, May 11, 2009

Last week of school

This is the last week of community college classes for my oldest son. All I can say about that is "Thank God." This morning was another ridiculous affair, with him refusing to get up until every ultimatum in the book was thrown at him. He finally got up and out the door, but he was definitely late.

I have no idea how my son's grades will be for this term, or if he'll even pass any of his classes. While the controlling part of me sometimes thinks I should've kept a closer watch on him and his schoolwork and his grades, the ever-so-slightly-sane part of me knows that my kid is 19-years-old and needs to start taking care of business for himself. I think that's the only way he's ever going to figure life out. If he tanks in school this term, maybe it'll be a wake-up call. Or not. I guess time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment