Tuesday, May 5, 2009

24

What a great 24 hours I've had.

Yesterday afternoon, I somehow tweaked a muscle or vertebra in my lower neck/upper back. As a result, I could barely turn my head or move at all without pain for a good part of yesterday and all last night. I had to skip coaching my Little League game. And sleeping was a total bitch. As if that wasn't enough, this morning I had to go in for a stress test and echocardiogram at my cardiologist's office. Rescheduling the test really wasn't an option because the office requires at least 24 hours notice. If I'd have given them less than 24 hours notice, they would've charged me $150.00 for the radioactive isotope tracer stuff they had to secure for the test. In the interest of not throwing away $150.00, I decided to proceed with the testing.

Let me tell you, there's nothing like being in severe pain and having to lie on your side for an ultrasound for 15 minutes or so; then on your back with both arms up over your head for 14 minutes while a camera takes pictures of your heart; then running on a treadmill at a hellacious pace for 12 minutes so your heart rate gets up past 145; and then having to do the arms-up-over-your-head-camera-thing again for another 15 minutes. Needless to say, the testing took a lot out of me and sure didn't help my neck/back pain at all.

To add insult to injury, when I got home from my stress test today I discovered that my son didn't get up for school yet again. I'm pretty much at the end of my rope with the school thing. I didn't choose the class that meets on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:00am. In fact, I suggested early on that it might not be a very good idea. But my son assured me that it wouldn't be a problem. Well, I hate to say, "I told you so," but...

I think we're rapidly approaching a crossroads in this house. It may be time for an ultimatum. If you want to be treated like an adult, start acting like one. And stop jerking everyone around. It's just plain getting old. Real old.

No comments:

Post a Comment