Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Eric Hipple presentation a success!

Well, this morning I can actually feel good about making a difference in my community. The Eric Hipple presentation on teen depression/suicide took place last night and it was a big success. There were about 155 people in attendance. That may not sound like a lot, but it was a lot more than I expected. And the director of the Family Center, which sponsored the event, said that it was the biggest turnout they've ever had for one of their presentations. Afterwards, Eric hung around to answer questions and talk to people individually. There were some very emotional people who I think got a lot out of the night. It was very gratifying to have people thank me for arranging this event. I really never gave it a second thought. It was just something that had to be done, and I'm glad I could do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment