Thursday, January 8, 2009

My favorite music of 2008

I posted this on my Facebook page back in December. Thought I'd reprise it here...

I don't really like making these lists, but I'll bite and throw out these records as my favorite from 2008. Not necessarily the "best" albums of the year. But albums that I really enjoyed listening to. And still enjoy listening to.

FAVORITE ALBUMS OF 2008 (in no particular order...honest):

Kathleen Edwards: Asking For Flowers
Collin Herring: Past Life Crashing
My Morning Jacket: Evil Urges
Old 97's: Blame It On Gravity
Bon Iver: For Emma, Forever Ago (technically first released in 2007, but...)
Earlimart: Hymn and Her
Drive-By Truckers: Brighter Than Creation's Dark
Fleet Foxes: Fleet Foxes
The Hold Steady: Stay Positive
Ryan Adams & the Cardinals: Cardinology
Sun Kil Moon: April
Kasey Chambers & Shane Nicholson: Rattlin' Bones
Blitzen Trapper: Furr
Calexico: Carried to Dust
Conor Oberst: Conor Oberst
Bob Mould: District Line
Anathallo: Canopy Glow (A late addition...but very deserving!!)
The Raconteurs: Consolers of the Lonely (Another late addition. How did I miss this one?)

FAVORITE EP OF THE YEAR:

One Day As a Lion: One Day As a Lion EP

FAVORITE REISSUE OF THE YEAR:

Whiskeytown: Strangers Almanac

GUILTY PLEASURE ALBUM OF THE YEAR:

Taylor Swift: Fearless

No comments:

Post a Comment